Secondary Offer 2023/24
BMT Secondary Membership Package
BMT offers a Membership Package for Secondary Schools to benefit schools using our services and seeking to create a musical community of schools across the county.
The table below shows the member discounts for regular services in addition to some member-only benefits. The membership fee is held for 23/24 at £200 and allows you to select from the following reductions and benefits. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
In addition, member schools will be given priority for any new opportunities and events that arise during the year as we develop new relationships with providers and other organisations.
|‘Focus on Sound’ from Music First
|'I Can Compose' Discount
|Bucks Orchestra for All (BOFA)
|Discount code for BMT instrumental lessons
|Discount code for BMT Music Centres
|Choir, Band, Ensemble leaders
|Music Improvement consultancy (per day)
|Music Mark School Membership
|Termly briefing for Heads and HoDs
Music Mark School Membership
- Only available to members, providing access to all Music Marks member only resources and events. See the Music Mark website for more details.
BMT Discount codes
- BMT member schools will be able to request a BMT discount code that they can pass on to parents to encourage them to take up instrumental lessons and music centre memberships. This will enable them to get a 10% on their first terms fees for either provision.
Termly briefing for Heads & Heads of Music
- For members only, a breakfast briefing with a focus on Ofsted, Curriculum, Cultural Education and updates from DfE Arts team, MusicMark and Artswork
‘Focus on Sound’ from Music First
- Certain features are only available through BMT’s Music Hub deal, most importantly that you get the Pro version with unlimited licenses included
- This means that you can use this Music MLE for all of your KS3 students as well as your exam groups for no extra cost, saving time on homework setting and marking
- Existing users can port their membership into this deal and benefit from any saving
- Bespoke options available to bolt on Soundtrap, Noteflight or Aurelia at beneficial prices
- More details here: https://www.focusonsound.com/
‘Virtuoso’ subscription for classes and resources
- A new resource to support recording, production and DJ work from the former ‘Future DJs’
- A range of highly recommended packages to support you and your students
- More details here: https://playvirtuoso.com/
‘I Can Compose’ subscription
- A fantastic resource to support all levels of composition teaching, but particularly useful with GCSE groups.
- Access to schemes of work and resources that are interesting and constantly updated
- More details here: https://www.icancompose.com/
Choir, Band and Ensemble leaders
- For all types of choir or group in your school, we will match the right teacher with your needs. We know how pressurized your time is as a Head of Music and teaching team. If you want to start a new group but don’t have the capacity, please get in touch.
Music Improvement consultancy
- BMT has a senior team with a wide range of experience and expertise in schools and the wider sector and we will match the individual with the right skills to plan a support package with you to support your development needs
- Possible areas of focus might include:
- Curriculum Review and Development
- OfSTED Deep Dive preparation
- Music Model Curriculum
- Artsmark support and guidance
Music Education offer for Parents
Please remind parents that they need to book provision directly with BMT using our website or by contacting their local music centre
Subsidies to promote opportunity for all children
- Subsidies can be applied to all fees, including Music Centre memberships and BMT is absolutely committed to ensuring that all children can have the opportunity to access lessons.
|Students eligible for Free School Meals (FSM)*
|Students eligible for BMT Support Subsidy**
|Each subsequent child
* BMT will arrange for the school to support families eligible for FSM by subsidizing the remaining 50% of lessons fees using Pupil Premium so that lessons are 100% subsidised.
** If your financial situation is such that you are not eligible for FSM but your family income is not greater than £25,600 including benefits, then you are eligible for a BMT support subsidy.
Instrumental & Vocal teaching – all instruments (subject to availability)
- 33 lessons per academic year and all fees are payable per term in advance
- Parents are billed directly whether lessons are in music centres or schools, except where a school has agreed to subsidise pupils using pupil premium.
|Tuition only rate
|Music Centre members
|50% subsidy rate
|All group lessons are 30 mins
- Small Group is for 2/3 pupils – up to Grade 2 when it is recommended to move to an individual lesson
- Large Group is for 4 – 6 pupils – up to Grade 1 and is intended to follow on from Whole Class Provision in schools for those pupils who want to continue learning or start learning an instrument
- Longer lessons are available for senior students - please enquire at email@example.com
- Individual lessons have discounted rates for Music Centre members to recognise the value of playing in ensembles to the development of instrumental skills. The discounted rate shown above is for lessons and does not include the Music Centre membership – this is charged at the normal rate below
Music Centre membership £85 per term
- Membership gives access to all ensembles at all our Music Centres, including Hi-Gain
- Details of all Music Centre timetables are on our website: bucksmusic.org
- Music Centre members receive a discount on individual instrumental/vocal lessons
- All instruments from our stock (subject to availability) can be hired at a cost of £25 per term
- Loans are available to all young musicians in Buckinghamshire, but priority is given to BMT Music Centre members