Fees and Payments
This page details our fees for tuition, Music Centre membership, instrument hire and more. To book lessons or to join an ensemble, please visit
Instrumental teaching (Parent Billing)
• 33 lessons per academic year
|Individual lessons||20 minute||30 minute||40 minute|
• Small group lessons are for 2 to 3 pupils, up to Grade 2
• Group lessons are for 4 to 6 pupils, up to Grade 1; this provision is designed for beginners and for those following on from WCPM.
• Where a group lesson takes place in a music centre, this can be billed as a ‘membership’ ensemble.
All teaching (School Billing)
• Whole Class Practical Musicianship (WCPM) is charged at £330 per term per class for 33 sessions in a year
• All teacher hours purchased by schools from BMT billed at £42 per hour
• This includes small ensembles, instrumental and choir groups, as well as instrumental and vocal lessons.
Music Centre Membership
- Membership gives access to as many centre ensembles as a student wishes to join for a flat rate fee of £80 per term.
- Theory extra course £50 per 10 weeks
- Instrument hire is on a term by term basis. Instrument hire must be requested by submitting the correct form and is based on the availability of instruments and not guaranteed.
- All instrument hire costs £25 per term.
- We offer sibling discounts on tuition and music centre membership. There is a 15% reduction for the second sibling, a 30% reduction for the third sibling and 50% for each subsequent sibling
- There is a 50% subsidy for students who are accessing the government’s Free School Meal Programme. Evidence will be requested for applications to this subsidy
Invoice Payment Terms
- All fees are payable immediately on receipt of invoice and are charged on a per term basis
- When a teacher misses lessons due to their absence they will attempt to make up those lessons later in the academic year so that the student has their full complement of 33 lessons over the year. If it proves to not be possible we will issue a credit in the summer term
- Parents are asked to inform the teacher of any known absences a minimum of one week in advance so that, where possible, these can be re-arranged within the same term. This will be at the teacher’s discretion and includes pupil absences due to conflicting school activities
- In the case of INSET days, etc., if the school informs our teacher at least one week in advance they will attempt to amend their timetable to fit the lessons in later in the school year
Giving Notice for Lessons and Membership
- BMT music tuition and centre membership is provided on an ongoing, rolling contract and pupils may only withdraw from activities at the end of a term following receipt of written notice to the music trust by the following deadlines;
|To end at Christmas 2018 (8thDecember)||Notice given by Sunday 28thOctober 2018|
|To end at Easter 2019 (5thApril)||Notice given by Sunday 24thFebruary 2019|
|To end at Summer break 2019 (12thJuly)||Notice given by Sunday 2nd June 2019|
- Should you give written notice after the deadlines above, you will be charged a late notice fee in addition to the usual fees for the term in which you give notice. The late notice fees are as follows;
- Individual lessons - £80 late notice fee
- Group lessons - £50 late notice fee
- Music centre membership - £50 late notice fee