Applications are encouraged from acts from all musical genres.
Signed bands or acts are NOT permitted to apply.
Applications are restricted to Buckinghamshire based bands or acts.
All Act members must read and sign these Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by these Rules, Regulations and Code of Conduct will result in the disqualification of your Act.
1. The Battle of the Bands is open to Students of school age who are currently in education
2. A band or act must consist of a minimum of 2 people
3. Prizes are awarded at the Final
4. Acts must enter online at www.bucksmusic.org/BOTB. Acts featuring students from more than one school are welcome. It is also permitted for students to be in more than one band
5. Acts must inform their Head of Music that they have applied to be in the Battle of the Bands
6. Judges will select acts from the Auditions to go through to the Final
7. Each Act must have three songs prepared and rehearsed in total, one for the Audition and a further two for the Finals. Three songs will be performed in total at the Final if the act is put through to the final three
8. Covers and original songs are both very welcome
9. Equipment– we will provide PA, mics, guitar/bass/keyboard amps and drum kit. You will need to provide your own pedals and drumsticks
10. Applications must be received no later than 31st December 2018 and audition places will be processed on a first come, first served basis
11. A reserve list of acts will be maintained in case of withdrawal by other acts
12. A maximum of 12 Acts will be selected to participate in the Final
13. All Act members must arrive on time for check-in for the Auditions
14. Each Act will have 10 minutes to perform in the Audition
15. The first Act to perform will be offered a 20 minute sound check
16. We will arrange a slot for sound check before the final, if you are unable to make this time slot we cannot guarantee on an alternative and you may miss out on your sound check.
17. Swearing will not be tolerated and will be dealt with by muting all sound and the band being disqualified
18. The Acts selected for the Final will be notified by email. We will also announce them on www.bucksmusic.org/BOTB and on social media.
19. The Judges' decisions are final
20. Participation in this event implies full consent for all photographs, video, sound recordings or visual images to be used by BMT and event sponsors for reporting or promoting the event and future events in any way
21. This document is valid and must be abided by for all Battle of the Bands events
22. Bands and accompanying personnel are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and appropriate manner at all times whilst on the event premises. Disorderly conduct by any member will result in the disqualification of the entire Act. This includes, but is not limited to, under-age alcohol use, Drug use, Moshing, Stage Diving, Body Passing, offensive behavior and throwing objects
23. Bands and accompanying personnel are expected to cooperate with the event and venue at all times, any verbal or physical abuse will not be tolerated. Event and venue includes all staff i.e. the BMT Battle of the Bands Committee, Judges, sound and lighting engineers, stage crew, venue staff, bar staff and security staff. Offenders will be ejected from the premises and any damage incurred or injury inflicted met with maximum penalty or dealt with by the law accordingly
24. The event organizers reserve the right to disqualify any band that is observed to be behaving in an uncompetitive or inappropriate manner. This also includes online etiquette and internet interaction with both the Battle of the Bands websites and its patrons and including interaction by association
25. To enter the act members agree not to encourage or promote any activity which could lead to injuries, damages, or losses. If any member encourages or promotes such activity they must defend, indemnify and hold harmless BMT Battle of the Bands, its officers, trustees, agents, and employees, from and against all claims, lawsuits, proceedings (Administrative or otherwise), losses, penalties, damages, costs, charges and other expenses of every kind, including reasonable attorneys' fees and litigation expenses which may arise by reason of injuries, including death or property damage, incurred before, during, or after the act's performance.
26. Bands selected to go through to the final on 30th march 2018 MUST keep the date clear of other appointments as sound check and performance times are non negotiable.