The Buckinghamshire Music Trust Young Musician of the Year Competition is designed to celebrate the highest ability musicians from across the County.
Entry is by recorded entry from which we will select the finest to perform in the Grand Final to be held in the Performance Centre at Stowe School, Stowe, Buckingham on Saturday 16th June.
Finalists will perform in front of a live audience and a judging panel of professional musicians.
1st prize: £200 cash prize + Trophy + Performance of a Concerto movement with Bucks County Youth Orchestra in a joint concert with NMO as part of the Wooburn Festival in October 2018.
2nd prize: £100 cash prize + Trophy + Solo Performance at appropriate BLTM event in 2018/19
3rd prize: £50 cash prize
- Open to students aged 18 or under on 31st August 2018
- Open to any soloist who is grade 6 or higher or equivalent on their instrument
- Open to any student who is resident in, or attends a school or Music Centre in Buckinghamshire
- Students may perform in any style or genre
- Students must provide their own accompanist and are responsible for any fees payable
£25 non-refundable entry fee for the competition as a whole
Monday 14th May 2018 – Recorded Entry Deadline
Saturday 16th June 2018 – Grand Final
Musicians must submit two contrasting pieces of a maximum 6 minutes’ total duration
Please submit any relevant scores
Please ensure you state your name clearly on the recordings
To apply, use the entry form below.
Following receipt of your application form, you will receive notification from BLTM.
All those successfully selected for the Grand Final will be notified prior to the May Half-term.
For more information about the Grand Final, check back here regularly.