The Buckinghamshire Learning Trust Young Musician of the Year Competition is designed to provide a forum to celebrate the highest ability musicians from across the County.
Entry is by recorded entry from which we will select the finest to perform in the Grand Final to be held in the Performance Centre at Stowe School, Stowe, Buckingham.
Finalists will perform in front of a live audience and a judging panel of professional musicians.
1st prize: £200 cash prize + Trophy + Performance of a Concerto movement with the BCYO at RAH Gala Concert in June 2018
2nd prize: £100 cash prize + Trophy + Solo Performance at appropriate BLTM event in 2018
3rd prize: £50 cash prize
- Open to students aged 18 or under on 31st August 2017
- Open to any soloist who is grade 6 or higher or equivalent on their instrument
- Open to any student who is resident in, or attends a school or Music Centre in Buckinghamshire
- Students may perform in any style or genre
- Students must provide their own accompanist and are responsible for any fees payable
Entry Fee: £25 non-refundable entry fee for the competition as a whole. Invoice on receipt of application.
Thursday 1st June 2017 – Entry Deadline
Saturday 24th June 2017 – Grand Final
- Musicians must submit two contrasting pieces of a maximum 6 minutes’ total duration.
- Please submit any relevant scores.
- Please ensure you state your name clearly on the recordings and/or file names.
- Audio entries can be made via mp3 upload or youtube links (below), or on CD by post.
- Postal entries must be sent to Bucks Learning Trust Music, King George V House, King George V Rd, Amersham, HP6 5AW. Please make sure your recordings and copies of sheet music include all of the information required from the application form below, e.g. School, Date of Birth etc.
Following receipt of your application form, you will see confirmation your application has been successfully sent to us. If you post your application you will also receive notification from BLTM. Please find the application form here.
All those successfully selected for the Grand Final will be notified following the May Half-term.
For more information about the Grand Final, check back here regularly.
Trouble uploading your tracks or scores? Please send your scores and recorded tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org or to: BLT Music, King George V House, King George V Road, Amersham, HP6 5AW